Saturday, June 21, 2008

Guests Gone Wild at Casa Nora
It all started innocently enough. We had a house full of really fun guests, and one night during Happy Hour, our pals from Belgium (Tom and Joelle) suggested that we all organize a dinner one night at Casa Nora. Sounds great! Immediately, our friends from Norway, Anne and John, start suggesting tasty sounding recipes. We all chime in with ideas, and very quickly we had decided on a delicious menu. (The fact that we were all starving after a great day of sailing brought out some terrific recipe ideas!)
And so, on the day in question, the kitchen was full of very capable chefs, each preparing various dishes.

Tom and Joelle prepared bruschetta bread, as well as grilled shrimp appetizers.

John and Anne created a lovely salad, with sun-dried tomatoes – yum!


Mary prepped the meat, while I made a huge pot of mashed potatoes with butter, real bacon bits, and a little bacon fat!





While grilling the meat under Mary’s watchful eye, Big Al and Tom enjoyed a fine cigar.




And, listo! Dinner is ready. Everything was still fine up until this point. Just as we sat down to dinner, and after I had managed to scarf down maybe half of my plate, some El Yaque sailors, dissatisfied with their current accommodations, dropped by Casa Nora to check out our set-up. So, I had to leave the table, and show the new people around. No problem. I gave them refreshments, I showed them the rooms, and the garden, and we sat by the pool. It was lovely. However, I kept hearing the music being turned up, and up, and up. I take the newcomers back upstairs, and we all find ourselves in the midst of a raging party! My current guests had gone wild!



It was more than clear that dinner was over. My guests had cleaned up spotlessly, and were now dancing.




Some even on the kitchen counter top.


The newcomers asked if dinner was always like this at Casa Nora, but my answer, thankfully, was drowned out by the ever increasing volume of music. I saw the newcomers to the gate, and by the time I returned, all hell had broken loose.





There was dancing, Sambuca shots, and still more dancing!






Mary even absconded with Big Al’s cigar – which I must say, she regretted the next morning……




From left to right: Anne-a librarian, Maryluz-a Spanish teacher, Joelle – an account manager. Yeah right! Maybe by day! Definitely and obviously party animals at night!


Mmmmmmmm – Hagen Dazs ice-cream and fresh berries! Love it!

Clearly a lot of fun was had by all, but just to indicate the type of evening it was, I must show this photo.



What started out at a very normal evening, a nice dinner and some wine, somehow ended like this. The title of this photo simply is “Bloody Mary”.

With the party still raging, I secretly and quietly did a guest head count to make sure no one was missing.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Last photo was very impressive ;)))